Sunday, June 24, 2007

Catching Up


Last night, I met up with Jinky and Anne-Marie for dinner at Saito's in Belltown. While Anne & I have kept in touch since highschool this is probably the first time that I've had a real conversation with Ms. Jinky since we graduated and OMG! I had the best time catching up with her! It was so much fun hearing about who she still talked to and the friends she made with classmates AFTER we left JFK. It's still hard to think that its been 20 years because it felt like just yesterday. I reminded Jinky about her custom made 501's where she would buy the dark stiff jeans that she would wash, bleach, wash, bleach... and then dye PINK! and then they weren't jeans anymore :) How many of you pegged your pants too? We wore them so tight that after you'd take them out of the dryer, you'd have to lie down to button them and then do a bunch of stretches to get them just right.
Its funny how you lose touch with someone you saw every day for 4 years even though you live in the same city, same state. There's really no excuse, just that we all change and grow and eventually, thankfully, we find one another again. I hope you find your friends too...

No comments: