Saturday, June 9, 2007

The 10 Year offered a husband what can the 20 year offer...





















Okay so I thought I would join in the fun with an amusing post. So I went to our 10 year reunion. I bellied up to the bar as soon as my feet hit the inside of the lovely Marriott hotel @ Sea Tac...oooh such a lovely venue that will always have a special place in my heart. The instant I made eye contact with the bar tender, sparks flew :) We both just smiled at each other because there was instant attraction...I just remember thinking "damn bartender is cuuuute". I only went back to him one more time that night and then he actually tried to talk to me later but I was kind of distracted by the event and catching up with old friends.

Well, 3 months pass and as luck would have it I ran into "the bartender from the 10 year" at Jalisco's after a Sonics game. I was well lets just say really really drunk...but I remembered him. His opening line was "didn't you just have a 10 year?". We talked a little...he was thinking he was scoring...then I asked if he could hook me up with his cute blond friend that I kept staring at while we were talking...I told you I was really really drunk. Lucky for me he didn't give up on me and asked me to go to the Apple Cup game the next morning...I didn't remember the invitation in the morning, luckily my roomate did and she reminded me of it. I did keep the date and ya know what...we haven't been apart since and we have been happily married for almost 7 years and have 2 children together :) I never knew that the love of my life would be bartending @ the Sea Tac Marriott (to meet "people" - it was a side gig he had since college) of all places!

I look forward to catching up with old friends I haven't seen or talked to in a long time and maybe even make new connections with people I barely knew in high school and I also look forward to introducing my husband that I met at the same event 10 years earlier.

P.S. I never take a good picture...I always have my eyes closed or a goofy look on my face and it is rare these days for JR & I to be photographed together (I'm always the one behind the camera, btw if you look closely I am actually the one taking the shot in the 2nd picture) anyway, these 2 are my favorites because it's just us :) Seriously, the only other good pics of us are from our wedding day.

Thanks for letting me share...Jinky Gutierrez Ruljancich

10 comments:

Mellaney M said...

Hey Jinky, Like I said before - "Hook a Girl UP!!!"

;-)

Stephanie said...

Mell, just give me a hint about who you want to get hooked up with and I'll take care of it!

Unknown said...

I'm with Mellaney...

Jinky Ruljancich said...

never overlook the help ladies :) that frog just might be your prince!

Anonymous said...

Jinky,

I will show some love and leave a post!

I love you and JR very much! He is a great guy and you guys are great together! I enjoy spending time with you guys very much. Especially at christmas!

Ok...now i said it! So GET A ROOM!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Isn't fun how life just happens...unexpectantly? Life is such a great mystery.....I live life a day at a time...everyday is a gift..and you just never know what every day will bring you!!! Life brings me what I need and even the things I think I want. Congrats to you! I hope we all benefit from the 20 year....I think in some way...we will all walk away with some little life gift. It may just be a white elephant, but who cares? Just my 2 cents....you can make change.

Anessa (Barker) Pryor said...

I'm so glad for you guys! You have a beautiful family Jinky and JR better know what a lucky guy he is. I agree with Kerry's sentiment above, you never know what life will bring so enjoy it one day at a time with anticipation for what's around the corner.

:) See ya in August!

Anessa

TEF said...

Okay, let me just say that this is the best story ever! There's something about serving drinks ...
The first gift my now-husband gave me was a 6 pack of apricot beer. The way to a girl's heart is.... no, that's not quite right. huh.

We'll try to get some good pics of the two of you in August! Can't wait to meet cutie pie JR. Does he still make a good martini?

Jinky Ruljancich said...

It wasn't a martini that night...it was red Chilean wine-Sea Tac's finest I'm sure :)

Kerry I enjoyed reading your comment and agree...you just never know what life will bring, but I'm sure the heck glad it brought me a good lookin' husband and a couple of cute little kids!

Hey Mark this Christmas can we borrow a room in your big house and throw the kids in the bonus room to play?

Anonymous said...

Jinky - It's been way too long!! I have a similar story although not as dramatic. I went straight from our 10-year reunion to a US soccer game in Portland the next day and met my husband. 7 1/2 years of marriage and 3 kids later...